Tuesday 17 April 2012

Skate

Okay, so maybe I lied about doing three posts before, but I promise to do at least more than one this week. Be sure to keep checking for updates though :)
The last two weeks have been pretty hectic, the complete opposite to what I thought, it being the Easter holidays and everything I expected to relax a lot more, but that's not to say I didn't enjoy it. At the time, I loved the fact that I avoided all university work and concentrated on my social life, what a good student I was. But now I'm back in the pleasant Epsom town and will be motivated to do some work, hopefully.

For now, I'd like to talk about one activity that I participated in which involves falling over once or twice, the option to dress in typical 80's clothes and something that makes you think you're a professional after a couple of drinks. I am indeed talking about roller skating.

 

The boyfriend celebrated his birthday recently and decided to gather everyone at the Vauxhall Roller Disco since a few people recommended it and you know, it's something different.

At first, I was a bit on edge about the whole thing, considering the last time I skated was many years ago. The outside exterior didn't calm me nerves at all, being rather small and under a rail bridge, was almost a bit intimidating. However, this first impression soon disappeared as the inside was the complete opposite. Disco lights flashed everywhere and you couldn't miss those that went all out in their florescent skirts and leg warmers. I went for the safe option myself wearing jeans and a plain top, more effort will be put in next time.

I would suggest to anyone that if they're stuck on what to do for their next birthday or just want to try something different then skate! This particular one is for over 18s only since there's a bar, which certainly adds to the fun.


Google Images


 








No comments:

Post a Comment