Monday 2 April 2012

POP!

 Trying to keep this blog as updated as possible is proving to be difficult. Forgive me again, I'll attempt to do at least three this week. 
 Moving on, since the days at university can drag on, especially living in a quiet town like Epsom, Rebecca Elizabeth and I have to find ways to occupy ourselves. On this particular day, it was previously decided that we should show off our baking skills, or lack of, by creating little lollipop shaped cakes otherwise known as 'POPS'. 
Being a massive sweet tooth myself, I was looking forward to eating them rather than the making although, the baking's all part of the fun. However, as I flicked through Rebecca's handy POP bakery book, the nerves started to grow since all the images looked like they had been crafted very skilfully, the complete opposite to what I can do! We bit the bullet and started making what hopefully would be yummy...


Once the mix is ready you have to roll them like so. If you're willing to try this, prepare to get messy.


Next step is to push them onto lollipop sticks and dip them in chocolate...and if you're anything like me, eat one during the process. 


Once they've become suitable to decorate, show off your art skills by applying edible sparkling dust. 


Once you've finished making them looking pretty, display them however you wish. 

I must say, not having a clue at the beginning didn't hold us back and it turns out they were pretty tasty, my opinion and many others. May need work on our art skills though. 


Pop Bakery Clare O'connell






















No comments:

Post a Comment