Sunday 20 May 2012

The Lion King

Okay, you're all probably rather annoyed with me starting almost every blog post with an apology of how useless I've been but in all honestly I've been terribly busy and will get back in the swing of things soon. However, I'm sure you'll agree that it's needed this time since it has been over two weeks since my last post. Shameful. Hopefully this post will be worth the wait.


Today I'd like to write about one rather exciting event that I would most definitely experience again and again. You see, I was a very lucky girl a couple of weeks ago since the boyfriend decided to surprise me. I knew absolutely nothing for weeks. I generally adore surprises, as long as they're good obviously and even though the boyfriend has never failed to disappoint me before, I couldn't help but feel a pack of nerves settling in.


Thankfully, after walking for what felt like ages, especially in my Russell and Bromely heels, I took a sharp turn in London town and felt nothing but instant excitement. Written in yellow were the words 'The Lion King'. I don't mean to sound overly dramatic but I can't help but build up such a brilliant performance. 





I managed to snap the picture above at the beginning of the show until a member of staff flashed a torch in my face, woops. It's true, this being on of my favourite Disney films, I had expectations but from this moment on, until I left the Lyceum Theatre, I was grasped. I haven't met one person that's criticized this performance and I think most people would agree when I ask, why would you? 


I think I might stop there since I don't want to build your expectations too high and then have everyone blaming me fore being highly disappointed. But by all means, go see it!



Having not a clue what my surprise was I decided to dress up for the occasion which, even though there was mainly kids in jeans and trainers, I don't regret. I threw on my lace turquoise dress from Jane Norman and My dark boots from Russell and Bromely. Not a bad combination.   

Remember to keep checking for posts. One about Paris coming soon. 

 Lyceum Theatre
The Lion King











.


No comments:

Post a Comment